Last week I cooked one of my wife’s favorite dishes: shrimp and grits. And, last week I shared my recipe for the creamy cheddar polenta (grits) to accompany the shrimp. You can see that recipe by clicking here. This week I’m posting the ingredients and instructions for making the shrimp. Give it a try!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (or bacon grease)
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled & minced
- 1 Tbsp flat-leaf parsley, minced
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes Louisiana Hot Sauce or Tabasco
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Heat the oil (or bacon grease if available) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the shrimp with black pepper and cook in the skillet until they start to turn golden brown, for approximately 3 minutes.
- Using tongs, turn the shrimp over and stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the shrimp are fully cooked through.
- Serve the shrimp in bowls atop mounds of cheesy polenta. Top the shrimp with sauce and enjoy!
FOR MORE RESTAURANT REVIEWS GO HERE.
THIS CONTENT IS FROM UTAH BITES NEWSLETTER.
Subscribe to get the latest Utah Bites news and reviews
Originally trained as an anthropologist, Ted Scheffler is a seasoned food, wine & travel writer based in Utah. He loves cooking, skiing, and spends an inordinate amount of time tending to his ever-growing herd of guitars and amplifiers.
SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS: click on their logos to visit their website