I love shrimp skewers from the grill in summertime. And nothing is better than adding some freshly picked garden tomatoes to those skewers. This recipe is super easy but totally delicious. You just marinate the shrimp and tomatoes for a few minutes, then skewer the ingredients and grill em’.
- 1 lb. large or jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 oz. cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before using.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium size bowl and season, if desired, with salt and pepper. Allow the shrimp and tomatoes to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Thread the shrimp and tomatoes onto the skewers, alternating.
- Grill the skewers over medium-high heat, approximately 5 minutes, turning once or twice, until the shrimp turn pink
FOR MORE RESTAURANT REVIEWS GO HERE.
THIS CONTENT IS FROM UTAH BITES NEWSLETTER.
Subscribe to get the latest Utah Bites news and reviews
Originally trained as an anthropologist, Ted Scheffler is a seasoned food, wine & travel writer based in Utah. He loves cooking, skiing, and spends an inordinate amount of time tending to his ever-growing herd of guitars and amplifiers.