I really love tacos and I love that flavor of lean bison meat. So, this bison taco recipe was a no-brainer. Of course, you could use ground beef if you’d prefer.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. ground bison meat (or substitute lean ground beef)
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp mild red chile powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- Corn tortillas
- Toppings such as shredded cheese, onion, jalapenos, cilantro, avocado, cabbage or lettuce, tomato, pico de gallo, salsa, etc.
- In a non-stick skillet or frying pan, heat olive oil until hot. Add bison and cook until completely browned, stirring to prevent burning, about five minutes.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for another three to four minutes, until the onion is soft and clear. Stir constantly to prevent burning. Add water – a tablespoon at a time – if the meat gets too dry.
- Add spices and sea salt and stir again. Cook an additional minute or so, stirring to prevent burning.
- Served on warm or toasted corn tortillas with your favorite toppings.
FOR MORE RESTAURANT REVIEWS GO HERE.
THIS CONTENT IS FROM UTAH BITES NEWSLETTER.
CLICK HERE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RESTAURANT REVIEWS, TED’S FAVORITE RECIPE, AND DRINK OF THE WEEK.
Originally trained as an anthropologist, Ted Scheffler is a seasoned food, wine & travel writer based in Utah. He loves cooking, skiing, and spends an inordinate amount of time tending to his ever-growing herd of guitars and amplifiers.
SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS: click on their logos to visit their website