I planted more arugula in our garden this year than we can keep up with. So I’ve been trying to find new ways to use the peppery and nutty-tasting leafy green. Since we’ve also got lots of ripe strawberries growing right now, I decided to combine the two with a slightly sweet, mild dressing. Here is the recipe for this easy Arugula & Strawberry Salad.
- 2 cups arugula leaves, washed and dried
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved lengthwise or cut into quarters for very large berries
- Poppy seeds
- 3 Tbs. rice wine vinegar or sherry vinegar (not sherry cooking wine)
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. sugar
- Pinch of salt
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, sugar and pinch of salt.
- Drizzle the arugula lightly with the dressing – you don’t want to drench the fragile lettuce in it.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt if necessary.
- Toss with the strawberries and finish the salad with a sprinkling of poppy seeds.
FOR MORE RECIPES GO HERE
THIS CONTENT IS FROM UTAH BITES NEWSLETTER.
GET OUR WEEKLY RESTAURANT REVIEWS, TED’S FAVORITE RECIPE AND DRINK OF THE WEEK DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX . TO SIGN UP FOR FREE GO HERE.
Originally trained as an anthropologist, Ted Scheffler is a seasoned food, wine & travel writer based in Utah. He loves cooking, skiing, and spends an inordinate amount of time tending to his ever-growing herd of guitars and amplifiers.
SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS: click on their logos to visit their website