1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
6-10 Thai chiles, or less if you like it less spicy
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1 Tbsp. Traeger Chicken Rub
¾ tsp. Sugar
¾ tsp. White vinegar
1 ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- If using bamboo skewers, soak in cold water for 1 hour before grilling.
- Place the shrimp in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a blender or mini food processor, combine the Thai chiles, garlic, Traeger Chicken Rub, sugar, white vinegar, and olive oil and blend into a coarse paste. Note: If a milder flavor is preferred, reduce the number of Thai chiles to taste.
- Add the chile-garlic mixture to the bowl with the shrimp and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- Remove the shrimp from the refrigerator and thread the shrimp onto the skewers.
- When ready to cook, preheat a grill to 450 degrees F.
- When the grill is hot, place the shrimp skewers directly on the grill grates, close the lid, and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the shrimp are pink and firm to the touch. Enjoy!