2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves, peeled & minced
½ cup dry white wine or broth
¾ tsp. kosher salt, or to taste
¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
Freshly ground black pepper
1¾ lbs. large or extra-large shrimp, shelled & deveined
⅓ cup chopped Italian parsley
Freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon
- In a large skillet, melt the butter with the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Don’t burn the garlic!
- Add wine or broth, salt, red pepper flakes and plenty of black pepper and bring to a simmer. Let the wine or broth reduce by half, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and sauté until they just turn pink, 2 to 4 minutes depending upon their size.
- Stir in the parsley and lemon juice and serve over pasta, rice, or accompanied by crusty bread.