- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch mixed into a slurry with 1/3 cup water
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 scallion, minced
- Place the broth, sesame oil, sugar, salt, white pepper and turmeric into a medium soup pot and bring to a simmer.
- Once the broth is simmering, stir in the cornstarch/water mixture and stir continuously as you drizzle in the cornstarch slurry.
- Next, stir in the beaten eggs and swirl in a circular motion. I use a pair of chopsticks for this.
- Ladle the egg drop soup into serving bowls and top with minced scallion.