- 1 (1 1/2- to 2-pound) flat iron steak
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Using a fork, prick the steak on both sides all over. This will allow the marinade to penetrate and flavor the meat.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Place the steak into a Zip-loc bag or shallow dish. Pour the marinade over the steak, coating both sides. Refrigerate the steak and marinade for at least one hour and up to 24 hours.
- Let the steak come to room temperature before grilling.
- Cook the steak over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, turning once, until medium doneness.
- Place the steak on a cutting board, cover with aluminum foil, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Slice the steak against the grain and enjoy.