Community Press Release:
On Tuesday, March 29, a devastating fire broke out at the home of the Utah Film Center at 122 S. Main Street in Salt Lake City. Film equipment, computers, appliances, office supplies, banners, films, paper files, and more have been damaged beyond repair. The basement, where the fire started due to a faulty light ballast, is deemed unsafe for occupancy.
Development and Grants Manager, Laura Berbusse, summed out the staff’s feelings about their loss, “This collection of bricks and mortar was not merely a building; rather, it was a hub that facilitated the processes of invention and refinement, both necessary to the production of the robust film programs with which we have served our community since 2002… Utah Film Center is not an office building. We are a collection of members, artists, staff, board, volunteers, partners, and community members who believe in the incredible power of film to change the world. It will take hard work, but we will indeed rise from the ashes, stronger than we ever were.”
You can visit her blog, http://www.utahfilmcenter.org/blog/2016/04/08/hulaman/ to read more on how Utah Film Center staff and community members feel about the now burned office building.
The center has started a GoFundMe page to help raise the necessary funds to move on: https://www.gofundme.com/utahfilmcenter
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.