This month, good vibes, quite literally, come to Salt Lake. On August 15th, V2 Presents brings the 4th annual Das Energi Festival to the Great Saltair and celebrates the expression of positive energy through music and dance. This one-day only, 18+ event features multiple stages and performances that defy conventional labels and blur the lines between art forms. (Attendees 21 and older with valid ID are free to enjoy offerings of the many bars throughout the venue.)
Das Energi is more than a festival; it’s a journey. As with any journey, whether one of artistic expression or experience or a physical moving of one place to another, it is important to be prepared. Rebecca Gillette and Dave DeCay have attended V2 Presents Das Energi every year since the electronic dance festival began in 2011 as well as having managed various stages and performed there. They are founders of the DJ, artist, and producer collective theHIVEcollective. With all that background they are experts on how to get the most out of this unique experience. Here are some of their tips:
1. “Come early and plan ahead,” Dave and Rebecca say. This is a one-day event, and it only comes once a year; Don’t waste precious dance time on figuring out where to park.
2. Better yet, consider upgrading to the VIP pass. “Let’s face it. It sucks waiting around to get in,” say Rebecca. “Plus, VIPs get dinner.”
3. Drink water! “You’ll be dancing. It will be hot. You’ll walking up and down the hill, and up and down the stairs,” says Rebecca. “Drink tons of water. Your body will thank you tomorrow when you don’t have leg cramps and feel terrible.”
4. Check the website (www.dasenergifestival.com) for the list of items that are not allowed at the festival. “Then you’re not surprised at the door, and you won’t have to go all the way back to your car or throw something of yours away,” says Rebecca.
5. Wear layers. Temperatures may soar while the sun is out at the Great Saltair, but remember Rebecca’s warning that “warm daytime turns to chilly night time.”
As a prepared attendee of Das Energi 2015, you will have an abundance of positive energy to contribute to the celebratory atmosphere. Excess energy may be necessary to propel you through this year’s expanded festival. The highlights include:
World-class local and national artists
Concert Production with Intelligent Lighting provided by Showgear Partners
V2 Presents Performers
Multiple bars for attendees 21 and over
VIP ultra lounge
Multiple Art Installations
Sponsor giveaways & activities
“It’s been fun to watch it grow and to be able to include many of our talented community members and their art,” says Dave DeCay. “This year will be better than ever.” Das Energi will take place on August 15th. For more information, please visit www.dasenergifesival.com.