Movie Night on the Plaza returns to The Gateway starting June 5th.
Screening everyoneâ€™s favorite classic and pop-culture movies will take place every Wednesday night throughout the summer under the stars.
Family-friendly and free, each movie is presented by one of The Gatewayâ€™s numerous dining, shopping and entertainment merchants. Attendees are encouraged to arrive early to participate in the presenting merchants’ giveaways, games and contests. Bring a blanket and to-go food from one of The Gatewayâ€™s many restaurants. Popcorn is free and beer will be for sale to those 21 and over (ID required). The plaza opens for seating at 7:30 p.m. and movies begin at sunset.
Attendees can enter to win a full set of DVDs from the Movies on the Plaza series, plus a $100 gift card package by bringing a receipt from one of the stores at The Gateway. The more dining, shopping and fun, the more chances to win, with one entry per receipt.
“Nothing says summer like outdoor movies. It’s a fun date night or family night out, to see your favorite flick in such a fun atmosphere,” said Jacklyn Briggs, marketing director for The Gateway. â€œThe outdoor screen and use of our state-of-the-art Digital Clock Tower make it such a unique experience.”
- June 5Â â€“ The Goonies brought to you by Chedda Burger
- June 12Â â€“ Hook brought to you by Mystery Escape Room
- June 19Â â€“ Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret of the Ooze brought to you by California Pizza Kitchen
- June 26Â â€“ Spiderman into the Spider-Verse brought to you by Discovery Gateway
- July 3 â€“Â Ready Player One brought to you by Virtualities
- July 10Â â€“ Ralph Breaks the Internet brought to you by Dave & Buster’s
- July 17Â â€“ First Man brought to you by Clark Planetarium
- July 24Â â€“ Bohemian Rhapsody brought to you by The Depot
- July 31Â â€“ Despicable Me brought to you by Sweet Rolled Tacos
- Aug 7Â â€“ The Incredibles 2 brought to you by Salt & Honey
- Aug 14Â â€“ 10 Things I Hate About You brought to you by The Store Fine Foods Deli & Market
About The Gateway:
The Gateway is a 1.4 million square foot lifestyle destination in the heart of Downtown Salt Lake City. Owned and managed by Vestar, the property is in the midst of a $100 million redevelopmentâ€”infusing retail and dining, entertainment, modern office space, arts and culture, a boutique hotel, and a full calendar of community-driven events.
Â About Vestar:
As one of the leading privately held real estate companies in the United States, Vestar acquires, develops and manages shopping and entertainment destinations that serve as community focal points. Since its inception in 1989, Vestar has earned a reputation for integrity and responsibility in the fields of retail property development, operations, leasing and marketing. Vestar’s current portfolio of retail properties totals 30 million square feet throughout the western states. For more information, please visitÂ vestar.com.