This is one of my favorite recipes for grilled shrimp. It begins with a simple marinade of olive oil, lemon juice and spices. Try it and I think you’ll like it.
- 1 lb. large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Minced Italian parsley for serving
- Lemon slices for serving
- Place the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, oregano, paprika and garlic powder in a large bowl; whisk to combine.
- Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss gently to coat evenly with the marinade. Marinate the shrimp for at least 15 minutes or up to 2 hours max. Don’t leave the shrimp in the marinade longer than 2 hours because the acidity of the lemon juice will “cook” the shrimp.
- Skewer 4-6 shrimp on each soaked skewer and place on a plate while skewering the remaining shrimp.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat and cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side until the color is pink and shrimp is opaque.
- Serve warm sprinkled with fresh parsley and lemon slices, if desired.
FOR MORE RESTAURANT REVIEWS GO HERE.
THIS CONTENT IS FROM UTAH BITES NEWSLETTER.
Subscribe to get the latest Utah Bites news and reviews
Originally trained as an anthropologist, Ted Scheffler is a seasoned food, wine & travel writer based in Utah. He loves cooking, skiing, and spends an inordinate amount of time tending to his ever-growing herd of guitars and amplifiers.