FanX returns to Salt Lake this September on the 22-24 at the Salt Palace. Plans are in the works for new and exciting events to please the avid fans of this premier Salt Lake convention.
According to Ro Malaga, Marketing Manager and Spokesperson, “We try to get bigger and better for fans to take home new memories. We will be bringing back fan favorites as well as newer events such as FanX Quest, an interactive experience allowing attendees to meet new people, find new vendors, and hopefully complete the quest before the end of the event.”
But the thing on everyone’s minds is who will be the guests at FanX 2022? We have an announcement of the first 10 confirmed celebrities and more will be announced up until opening day.
- Giancarlo Esposito. Known to many as Gus in Breaking Bad. He also has appeared in The Mandalorian and many other roles.
- Rachel Skarsten. Known for Birds of Prey, Lost Girls, Reign, and Batwoman
- Todd Haberkorn. A voice actor well known for anime and video games.
- Jess Harnell. A regular and popular guest at FanX. Known for work in Animaniacs, his Twisted Toons panel is one of the most highly attended at the event.
- Lindsay Seidel. A popular anime voice actor, this is her first appearance at FanX.
- Kyle Hebert. A voice actor and DJ, who voices anime and video games.
- Nolan North. A voice and onscreen actor.
- Tara Strong. A voice actor known for among other things Rugrats, Powerpuff Girls, Teen Titans, and Batman Arkham Knight.
- Dante Basco. Best known as Ruffio in the movie Hook, he went on to become a DJ and to do voice work.
- William Shatner. Last, but not least, Shatner returns to FanX to talk about space, fictional and non-fictional, that he has been a part of.
Besides the celebrity guests, Malaga is excited about booking local acts for the popular event stage on the vendor floor. He says, “The local act as so popular the applications close early because they book so fast.”
And the family-friendly KidCon will again feature a cosplay parade exclusively for the kids to show off their costumes and strut their stuff on Saturday.
“There are so many things to do at FanX,” says Malaga, “keep checking our website and social media for detail to get the most bang for your buck.”