There are few things I like more than sweet and delicious fresh spring peas. Here is an easy recipe for peas with prosciutto or bacon that makes for a great side dish.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh shucked English peas
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, peeled and minced
- 2 oz. prosciutto, diced or 1-2 strips bacon, diced
- 1 tsp. sugar
- salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, boil the fresh peas in water until they are slightly soft and bright green, about 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet, saute the prosciutto or bacon over medium heat in the olive oil until crisp.
- Add the shallots and sugar to the skillet and cook until the shallots soften.
- Add the peas to the skillet to heat, briefly, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Photo by Ted Scheffler
FOR MORE RESTAURANT REVIEWS GO HERE.
THIS CONTENT IS FROM UTAH BITES NEWSLETTER.
Subscribe to get the latest Utah Bites news and reviews
Originally trained as an anthropologist, Ted Scheffler is a seasoned food, wine & travel writer based in Utah. He loves cooking, skiing, and spends an inordinate amount of time tending to his ever-growing herd of guitars and amplifiers.
SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS: click on their logos to visit their website