Last week I shared a recipe for seared scallops. I served the scallops with a tasty Thai-style rice noodle side dish that is very easy to make. Here is the recipe for the noodles.
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/3 cup minced scallions
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 6 oz rice sticks (rice vermicelli noodles), cooked
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- In a bowl, combine the oyster sauce, sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil and mix well.
- In a large pot, melt the butter and saute the scallions and garlic until tender over medium-low heat.
- Remove the pot from the heat and mix the oyster sauce, sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil mixture with the scallions and garlic.
- Add the rice noodles to the pot. Toss to mix well.
- Serve the noodles topped with sesame seeds.
FOR MORE RESTAURANT REVIEWS GO HERE.
THIS CONTENT IS FROM UTAH BITES NEWSLETTER.
Subscribe to get the latest Utah Bites news and reviews
Originally trained as an anthropologist, Ted Scheffler is a seasoned food, wine & travel writer based in Utah. He loves cooking, skiing, and spends an inordinate amount of time tending to his ever-growing herd of guitars and amplifiers.