Whether it’s corn mazes, fun places to take the kids to romp around, or pain, blood, lunacy and demonstrations of human suffering, Utah’s got you covered. Check out a few of our favorites.
Nightmare on 13th300 W 1300 South, Salt Lake City
- 100 paid employees/many volunteers.
- 7 make-up artists/2 hair stylists 3 main shows.
- Many rooms: Night of the Dead and Realm of Darkness are the two new shows this year.
- Many people/employees have reported paranormal activity.
- They are members of the group America Haunts and have been featured on the travel channel twice.
The Original Castle of Chaos3300 South West Temple
- 4 Levels of Fear (5600 South Redwood Road)
- Carnival of Chaos (1100 West Riverdale Road)
- 500 employees/volunteers.
- 10 make-up artist/3 hours to get everyone ready.
- 12 themed areas; 130 unique rooms; most popular.
- Feature: coffin slide; 2 chainsaws; 14 coffins 4 you to get inside.
- Guests and employees have reported paranormal.
- Activity and several articles have been written by Utah Paranormal experts.
- 50,000 guest a year.
- Voted best haunted house in Utah by City Weekly.
$15: $8 Group Discount
- Anguish Asylum (Provo) (1200 Towne Center [in the covered parking at the Provo Towne Center Mall]):
- 50+ volunteers.
- 45 rooms.
- Most popular feature: coffin ride where you experience being buried alive.
- 1 chainsaw.
- 5 coffins.
- No reported paranormal activity.
More for Adults
- Nightmare of the Running Dead
- Asylum 49 – Tooele’s real haunted insane asylum.
Kid Friendly Halloween Activities
Garden After Dark -Red Butte Garden SLC
Located at Red Butte Garden in Salt Lake City An indoor/outdoor, costume and kid-friendly romp through the Garden to celebrate Halloween. Visit the Garden for a celebration of the many ways nature and even humans light up the night..
Black Island Farms
24 acres of corn mazes and all sorts of activities. visit: blackislandfarms.com for more info.
Utah Hogal Zoo
Zoo stations will provide candy for kids in costume to trick-or-treat.
More For Kids
- Corn Belly’s Corn Maze at Thanksgiving Point
- Witch Scavenger Hunt at Gardner Village